Ventrix is developing a first-in-class, off-the-shelf, biomaterial scaffold for myocardial infarction (heart attack). Cardiac tissue has a limited ability to self-repair after significant damage. VentriGel Cardiac Repair Scaffold is a biomaterial designed specifically for cardiac repair of damaged myocardium.
Key features of the VentriGelTM include:
- Improves cardiac function after myocardial infarction (MI) in preclinical studies
- Prevents expansion of the MI in preclinical studies
- Provides optimal cardiac repair environment by the scaffold structure
- Mimics the native scaffolding, or extracellular matrix (ECM), in the heart
- Implantable via a variety of methods including minimally-invasive cardiac catheter technology
- Unique thermo-responsive gelation profile
Products presented in this website are not available for sale or distribution and are limited to research and clinical investigational use only.